Mount Zion was originally built across the road from the place where it now
stands. The old church which had been built in 1856 and had lasted for forty
years was getting rather small for the amount of people who were beginning
to attend and therefore a new church was built. Plans for building the new
church building were drawn up and the foundation was started under the
direction of Frank Hering, by Willian Flater, Thomas Shilling, John Armacost
and John Blum in 1896. But in September due to a very severe storm the
new church was blown down just as the rafters were being erected by the
workmen. Immediately the work on the new church was resumed and it was
completely finished this time.
Read more about it here:
Mount Zion United Methodist Church is a family of caring believers, united in Jesus
the Christ, reaching out to the community to serve and teach the Word of God!